Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Little Darlin, PT day 62, by David

Day 26 at Shepherd.  My Little Darlin has been told everything that was done to her and what she has gone through the past 62 days.  What upsets her the most is when she thinks about what I was going through.  Man I love that woman, concerned about me when she went through what she did.  Occasionally she expresses some fear of having some type of set back.  I have told her how critically injured she was.  I suspect this would be part of a post traumatic stress.  She does express anger towards the person that did this to her(us).  We do not know if there is any remorse on the woman's part or if she learned anything from her actions.  We certainly have not heard from her.  I have wondered if she still drives and uses a cell phone at the same time.   No matter My Little Darlin is doing remarkably well and we are excited about Tuesday.  Jan had a good day today.  She is getting stronger.  Today at her insistence we went for several relatively long walks on the unit.  Last week I had to strongly encourage her to do a few short walks.  The dizziness is much improved if not resolved.  She still has back pain from her fracture when she is up for a while but that is relieved with tylenol.  Her appetite is much better.  She rarely says anything tastes "nasty" anymore.  She is doing great with the toilet dash training.  My shoes are staying dry.  Our friend Kim who was with her when she was hit came by today.  I got the feeling Kim was surprised when she saw how good Jan was doing.  She said if you did not know her you would not know she had been injured.  They had a good visit.   I think it did them both good to see each other.

SHARE THE ROAD, IT'S A LIFE
PUT THE !%@$# CELL PHONE DOWN BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEBODY
GET OFF THE COUCH,  LIFE IS FOR DOING STUFF
SUPPORT BIKE WALK MISSISSIPPI,  THEY WILL HELP MAKE CHANGES HAPPEN
BE BRIGHT AND BE SEEN

I Love My Little Darlin, home is where the heart is.
David

No comments:

Post a Comment