Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Little Darlin, PT day 69, by David

Day 5 at home.  Jan went to running club and had a great reception.  She very much enjoyed seeing every one and I thought they all enjoyed seeing her and how well she was doing.  She really is doing well.  As I said yesterday all areas that she has deficits seem to be improving.  I am not hovering as much as I have been when she walks around he house letting her be a bit more independent.  She knows she is improving but is still frustrated because she cant help me do much of anything around the house.  I let her know her job is to get better and not to injure herself by doing too much.  She feels her biggest limiting factor is the back pain she has from the compression fracture.  She is past six weeks with pain and we have talked about kyphoplasty(inject glue into the bone).  This is a procedure my partners and I do quite a lot of and get significant improvement in the back pain in most patients.  It is typically done of fractures from osteoporosis rather than trauma.  I tend to be conservative and would rather her avoid any procedure but if the pain persists then we may have it done.  Risks are very low but I worry when it is my little darlin and cringe at the thought of any more harm happening to her.   Even though risks are low they happen and if it happens to you it is 100% to you.  I also do not want her to hurt. I have told her to write down today what her pain level is and record it daily for a few days.  If it is improving then we do nothing.

Thanks to all for coming to see Jan at running club today.  She definitely appreciated it.

SHARE THE ROAD, IT'S A LIFE
PUT THE !%@$# CELL PHONE DOWN BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEBODY
GET OFF THE COUCH,  LIFE IS FOR DOING STUFF
SUPPORT BIKE WALK MISSISSIPPI,  THEY WILL HELP MAKE CHANGES HAPPEN
BE BRIGHT AND BE SEEN

I Love My Little Darlin,

1 comment:

  1. I've found that some mind-body methods help lessen back pain. I managed my post-surgery pain with a few of them (meditation, reiki, breathing) when I started reacting badly to prescription pain medication. A month or so after surgery I decided to quit rx pain meds altogether because the pain was preferable to the side effects from the pills.

    I hope Jan's fracture heals quickly and the pain lessens soon. She is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete