Tuesday, May 31, 2011

PT Day 5, by David

My Little Darlin update, PT day 5

Positives today include her Ct head done this morning shows normal improvement in the bleed she initially had (TIGT).   She continues to oxygenate well, her chest x-ray(CXR) is unchanged and no significant fever.  A negative is a drop in her blood count.  Not sure why,  stress from the trauma is suspected.  She is going to get a CT of her abdomen today to make sure it is not decreasing due to bleeding from an abdominal organ.  Since it was ok when this first happened it is low likelihood she is bleeding.
She remains on morphine and versed infusions for pain and sedation.  My anxiety level has jumped considerably because last night her versed was stopped for a good while but she never responded purposefully.  I am hoping and praying she does not have an underlying neurological injury that can not be detected by CT or physical exam.  I have kept this to myself until now but this has been my worst fear of all the many fears I have had.   I know I have to be patient but at the moment this fear of her not looking at me, smiling at me, talking to me ever again is overwhelming and I have pretty much been in tears since I left her last night.  This is hard, it hurts and without her …..

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  Please give anyone you see on the road biking, walking, changing a tire, police officer/state trooper, anyone a wide berth.  Slowing down would be nice too.  They are totally unprotected.  Their life and their families are worthy these simple courtesies.  Car always wins in car vs person.  I still do not know how my Little Darlin survived this.  I do not know if I will ever have the Jan I have known for 30 years back the way she was.  At least I still have her.  Other families that have had similar tragedies can not say the same and my heart goes out to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment